With Strymon's Blue Sky V2, you can transform a single note or chord into vast sonic atmospheres with impossibly gorgeous, incredibly long reverb tails. Hear the inspiring splash of an upgraded spring algorithm dripping with vintage vibe, or lose track of time and space as you interact with deep and expansive new Shimmer sounds never heard anywhere before.
The Blue Sky V2 features three reverb types, each with their own distinct flavour for every reverb application you may need:
- Plate: This high-quality, vintage reverb gives you the smooth and crisp ambience heard on classic records from the '60s and '70s.
- Room: A versatile reverb that places your tone in small intimate rooms, massive arenas, and everywhere in between!
- Spring: Faithful recreation of the best vintage spring reverb circuits Strymon could find; instantly adding splashy character and retro mojo to any signal.
Controls & Routing
You won't find many compact reverb pedals that can rival the sheer amount of control offered by the Blue Sky V2, all while remaining tactile and intuitive:
- DECAY: Adjusts the duration of the reverberated signal’s decay.
- LOW: Controls the amount of low frequencies within the reverb, with damped low-end at minimum to no damping at maximum.
- PRE-DELAY: Time before the reverberated signal appears.
- FAV: Load your saved 'Favourite' setting, indicated by the red LED. Press-hold for blue flashing LED, then press for save.
- ON: Engages and bypasses effect. Red LED indicates the effect is engaged.
- MOD: Selects between two different modulation intensities, light or deep, or no modulation when set to off.
- MIX: Controls the balance of the dry and wet signals from 100% dry at minimum to 100% wet at maximum, and a 50/50 split when the knob is at 3 o’clock.
- HIGH: Influences the amount of high frequencies within the reverb, with a damped high-end at minimum to no damping at maximum.
- SHIMMER: With the plate reverb, this adds regenerative octave-up pitch shifting. With the room reverb, it adds an octave plus a fifth. With the spring reverb, it adds an octave down pitch effect with adjustable LFO speed.
- IN: High impedance, ultra low-noise, discrete Class A JFET preamp input. TRS adapter cable required for stereo input signal.
- OUTPUTS: Low impedance stereo audio signal outputs. Use OUT L for mono output.
- EXP/MIDI: Multi-function communication jack for external control of Blue Sky’s features and functions. Use a standard TRS expression pedal for continuous control over the knobs of the pedal (default setting). See complete User Manual for details about configuring for MIDI communication or accessories such as Strymon Conduit, MultiSwitch Plus, and MiniSwitch.
- USB-C: Computer connection for controlling via MIDI and for performing firmware updates.
Ins, Outs & Switches
- High-impedance, ultra-low noise discrete Class A JFET TRS stereo input
- Low-impedance independent TS stereo outputs
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, or TRS MIDI connection
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- Dedicated 'Favourite' & 'On/Off' footswitches
- Premium JFET analogue front end
- Ultra-low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- 520MHz ARM Superscalar processor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Strong and lightweight anodized sky blue aluminium chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power Requirements: 9V DC centre-negative, with a minimum of 300mA current
- Dimensions: 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)
- Designed and built in the USA