Boss pedals remain the most popular in the business. Adored for their first-class sounds and bulletproof enclosures, countless professionals continue to rely on Boss effects - over forty years since the company's inception. Boss' delay pedals have always been highly-regarded, and the DD-8 is the latest addition to their ambient pedal lineup.
Arguably Boss' most advanced and feature-packed compact delay pedal to date, the DD-8 delivers more of everything - more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity! With all of this potential packed into a standard-sized Boss chassis, the DD-8 can slide easily into any mono or stereo rig.
Eleven modes provide delay colours from basic to exotic, including classic Boss digital echo through to convincing tape emulation, sparkling shimmer and a new glitchy 'GLT' mode. Combined with a looper that offers unlimited overdub capability and external control support, there's no end to your creativity with the versatile Boss DD-8 delay pedal!
Here's what Boss says about the DD-8 Delay Pedal:
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Analog — Classic analog BBD delay sound.
- Standard — Clear digital delay.
- Tape — Vintage tape-based delay sound.
- Warm — Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse — Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- +RV — Digital delay with reverb added.
- Shimmer — Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
- Mod — Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
- Warp — Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
- GLT — Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
- Loop — Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered
- MODE knob
- TIME knob
- FEEDBACK knob
- E.LEVEL(Effect Level) knob
- CARRYOVER switch
- Pedal switch
- INPUT-A(MONO)/INPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT-A(MONO)/OUTPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- TEMPO/EXP jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 65 mA
- 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H) mm
- 2-7/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
Weight (including battery)
- Owner's manual
- Dry battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5