Mixing Desks for PA
is the ideal console/controller for your hybrid production studio. It is the most elegant solution available today for those who wish to incorporate the sonic advantages of SSL summing and a collection of boutique analogue mic pre's & processors into their DAW centred studio workflow. The analogue side of Matrix2 combines: a 40 input SuperAnalogue™ summing mixer fully-featured Monitor Switching & Talkback and an in-built 'Insert Router' which enables an individual or chains of analogue outboard processors to be inserted quickly and easily. The 16 + 1 fader hardware control surface swaps with a single button push from control over the analogue console signal path to functioning as a comprehensive multi-layer DAW control surface.
Designed to be at the heart of your everyday creative process, Matrix is built to meticulous SSL hardware standards, to withstand even the most intensive studio use. Fully equipped to partner your monitors, workstations and outboard gear, Matrix lets you shape your project studio around the way you work.
Mixing and Monitoring
Alongside its integration of your analogue and digital equipment, Matrix2 is a first-class SSL mixer drawing on our 30 years of an analogue console design. The essential functions of recording and mixing; routing, level measurement and monitoring are organised and arranged to make everything available at your fingertips to streamline the entire recording and mixing process.
Matrix2 analogue architecture provides 32 channel inputs (each of the 16 channel strips has main and alt inputs). Each of the 16 channels has a direct output designed to be used primarily as a DAW record output. There are two Stereo Mix Busses and four Stereo Aux Returns with full stereo mix bus routing bring the total available inputs to mix to 40.
Powerful monitoring is a central feature of Matrix with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection and three External Monitor inputs with source summing.
Solid State Logic Matrix2 Features:
- Streamlined for a hybrid workflow
- Pristine SuperAnalogue circuitry
- Take complete control of your DAW
- Professional monitoring and talkback
- X-Rack integration for total recall
- The minimal signal path makes it easy to use your outboard gear
- Each channel includes inputs for both tracking and mixing
- Insert points let you patch in additional outboard processors
- Insert Matrix provides plug-in-style hardware routing options
- Stereo Cue ins add a total of 40 inputs for analog summing
- The same DC-coupled circuit design found in SSL's top gear
- Transparent signal path exceeds 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Extremely wide frequency range with flat response
- Ultra-low distortion performance won't color your sound
- Virtually nonexistent noise floor offers extended dynamics
- DAW Focus Mode provides full control surface functionality
- HUI and MCU mode presets cover every major DAW software
- 17 motorized faders provide amazing hands-on control
- Complete transport controls and timeline readout onboard
- Focus Fader mode provides additional mixing flexibility
- Main and Mini outputs let you easily switch between monitors
- The artist monitor output is perfect for setting up headphones
- 5 external monitoring inputs provide ample source selection
- External input summing makes adding reference tracks simple
- Updated Total Recall system makes restoring settings easy
- Manage TR setups right from the Matrix Remote application
- Many settings can be instantly and automatically restored
- Manual settings guided with simple LED indicator lights
- TR supports up to 6 additional SSL X-Rack modules