- Compact amplifier for acoustic-electric guitars and other pickup-equipped acoustic instruments
- Innovative Air Feel feature recreates stereo microphone setups, producing inspiring acoustic sound with depth, dimension and natural resonance
- Small, easy-to-carry design with two custom-designed 5-inch twin-cone speakers
- 10-watt stereo power amp (5 watts x 2)
- Guitar/Instrument channel with three-band EQ and dedicated Reverb and Reverb and Chorus effects
- Mic channel with XLR input, phantom power, two-band EQ, and dedicated Reverb effect
- Five Air Feel settings: Dry, XY, AB, ORTF, and Mid-Side
- 15 memories for storing and recalling sound setups
- Onboard Rhythm Box with 15 patterns
- Customize pattern types with 119 selections in the AC-22LX Editor
- Built-in looper (requires optional footswitch)
- Stereo line output with Air Feel
- Stereo aux input for music playback
- USB audio interface with Loopback for recording and livestreaming
- Runs on included AC adaptor or eight AA batteries
- AC-22LX Editor app (macOS/Windows/iOS/Android) for deep sound editing
- Optional Bluetooth Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor (BT-DUAL, sold separately) for wireless audio playback from a mobile device, customizing sounds with the mobile editor and more
The BOSS AC-22LX amplifier brings you a full-immersion playing experience realized through advanced BOSS spatial technology. Air Feel breathes life into the dry, sterile sound of standard acoustic instrument pickups, recreating the richly detailed tones captured by classic stereo acoustic microphone setups in world-class studio settings. The AC-22LX's inspiring voice projects far beyond its compact size, infusing your amplified sound with depth, dimension and natural acoustic resonance.
Premium Amplification for Acoustic Stringed Instruments
The AC-22LX offers amazingly natural sound reproduction in a portable stereo amplifier. The compact and attractive cabinet is equipped with two custom twin-cone speakers, providing expansive stereo tones for home playing. From acoustic-electric guitar to ukulele, violin, banjo and other pickup-equipped stringed instruments, the AC-22LX and Air Feel deliver the ultimate personal amplification experience for serious acoustic players.
Capturing Natural Acoustic Sound
Many elements contribute to the rich, complex sound of acoustic stringed instruments, including the soundboard, body resonances and more. In recording situations, stereo microphone setups are used to capture this combined sound along with the surrounding room ambience. Using a variety of time-tested techniques, an experienced audio engineer will carefully position the mics to create the right balance for a song or playing style. Unfortunately, instrument microphones are not practical for most amplified playing situations due to feedback and other issues. The Air Feel technology in the AC-22LX erases these limitations, bringing authentic studio microphone sound to acoustic amplification for the first time.
Multi-Dimensional Tone With Air Feel
Born of intensive BOSS sound research and advanced processing technologies, Air Feel transforms your pickup's sound with acoustic richness and dimension never possible until now. Simply plug in and enjoy your instrument's natural acoustic character at performance volumes—without the need for microphones and audio engineering skills.