Inspired by one of the most iconic stacks of the ’60s, the TC Electronic JIMS 45 Preamp Pedal packs an arena-ready overdrive punch into a simple stompbox form factor. This pedal’s tube amp inspiration comes straight out of 1965-era London, precisely modeled after the amplifier players such as Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Peter Green, and countless others used to revolutionize the sound of rock and blues guitar. Its intuitive control scheme — directly modeled after the original — gives you two channels with independent EQ controls to play with, while the secondary footswitch cranks up the heat with a switchable pre/post boost for 5dB of extra heat. Finally, flip the pedal over to the rear panel to be greeted by a smattering of additional controls and features, including an additional tone-sculpting Presence Pot and an official Celestion cab sim-equipped DI out for effortless tracking
The amp that ushered in rock’s revolution
From overdriven power-chord fury to searing solo tones, the JIMS 45 delivers sought-after sounds in the realm of rock guitar. It’s lovingly modeled after one of the first models released by a legendary British amplifier manufacturer — if the name doesn’t give it away, the golden knobs undoubtedly will — famous for fueling rock guitar’s transformation into a harder-edged sound in the late ’60s. An uncompromising tonal tribute to the original model in all its 1965 glory, the TC Electronic JIMS 45 captures every detail and nuance of its inspiration’s tweedy response and smooth, mellow overdriven sound.
Footswitchable boost with dedicated rear-panel controls
Looking to crank up the grit? Simply stomp on the JIMS 45’s Boost footswitch to add 5dB of extra heat to your tone! Moreover, the “Pre/Post” switch gives you the power to choose where the boost is placed in your signal chain. While it can be placed at the end of the JIMS 45’s circuit for more volume and authority, Sweetwater guitarists find that cranking the boost up in the “Pre” section results in lush, saturated overdrive tones on even the mildest of pickup configurations.
A comprehensive set of functional features
Apart from serving as a spot-on amplifier emulation, the JIMS 45 is loaded with a vast array of quality-of-life functions to aid you in your practice, recording, and gigging endeavors. First up, the 2-channel design — with independent Normal and High gain controls — features fully independent tone-shaping options, with a dedicated footswitch to instantly swap between screaming lead tones and more restrained rhythms. In addition, the JIMS 45 boasts a dedicated DI for easy recording and performance, equipped with an official Celestion 4 x 12-inch G12M Creamback Cab Sim IR emulation for the full dynamic response of a classic amp stack.
TC Electronic JIMS 45 Preamp Pedal Features:
- Puts the raw, roaring tone of one of history’s most iconic British tube amplifier heads at your feet
- 2-channel design with independent channel controls allows you to instantly swap between 2 of your favorite configurations
- Independent gain controls for the Normal and High inputs
- Footswitchable 5dB boost circuit supplies an extra helping of tonal authority, with pre/post and dedicated gain knob
- Rear-panel Presence pot to further dial in your tone
- Dedicated DI and headphones outputs for easy recording, performance, and practice
- Built-in official Celestion 4 x 12-inch G12M Creamback Cab Sim IR to give your sound a true-to-life space and response
- Pedal Type: Preamp
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Channels: 2
- EQ: Bass, Mid, Treble, Normal, High, Level
- Amp Modeling: TC AMPWORX - 1965 JTM45
- Impulse Response: Celestion 4 x 12 G12M Creamback cab sim IR
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (out), 1 x 1/4" (DI)
- USB: 1 x Mini-B USB
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8"