The sound of the British invasion in a stompbox, TC Electronic’s DC30 authentically replicates the feel, tone, and response of a classic 30-watt British combo amplifier. Even this pedal’s control scheme is heavily inspired by the original, including two independent gain controls (Normal and Brilliant), a 2-band EQ, and the iconic “Cut” control to dial out the treble from your top-boosted tone. And if you’re looking to take the DC30’s clean jangle and transform it into raw, aggressive grit, simply stomp on the footswitchable boost control — complete with its own dedicated gain and pre/post switching options. Top it all off with an official Celestion cab-sim enabled DI and dedicated headphone output, and the TC Electronic DC30 preamp pedal is a pedalboard-friendly way to cop the most iconic chimey cleans and snarling EL84-inspired dirty tones in guitar history.
The sound of the UK, circa 1965
From the Beatles to Brian May, the amplifier that inspired the TC Electronic DC30 has been a 6-string staple in its home country — and across the pond — for well over a half-century. Why? Few amps can match its clean chime and jangle, while the glassy, raw feel it provides when overdriven effortlessly cuts through even the densest of mixes. The TC Electronic DC30 is fine-tuned from the ground up to capture every sonic nuance of the amplifier that lauded amplifier, with a set of enhanced control and functionality features that an original model could only dream of!
Footswitchable boost with dedicated rear-panel controls
Looking to crank up the grit? Simply stomp on the DC30’s Boost footswitch to add some extra heat to your tone! This versatile feature contains a separate control set on the back panel that allows you to precisely dial in the amount of gain the Boost introduces into your signal. Moreover, the “Pre/Post” switch gives you the power to choose where the boost is placed in your signal chain. While it can be placed at the end of the DC30’s circuit for more volume and authority, Sweetwater guitarists find that cranking the boost up in the “Pre” section results in lush, saturated overdrive tones on even the mildest of pickup configurations.
A comprehensive set of functional features
Apart from serving as a spot-on amplifier emulation, the DC30 is loaded with a vast array of quality-of-life functions to aid you in your practice, recording, and gigging endeavors. First up, the 2-channel design — with independent Normal and Brilliant gain controls, just like the originals — features fully independent tone-shaping options, with a dedicated footswitch to instantly swap between screaming lead tones and more restrained rhythms. In addition, the DC30 boasts a dedicated DI for easy recording and performance, equipped with an official Celestion Cab Sim IR emulation for a decidedly true-to-life dynamic response.
TC Electronic DC30 Preamp Pedal Features:
- Spot-on amplifier emulation pedal of a classic 30W British combo from the ’60s
- 2-channel design with independent channel controls allows you to instantly swap between 2 of your favorite configurations
- Independent gain controls for the Normal and High inputs — just like the originals when jumpered with a cable
- Versatile tone-shaping controls modeled after the original, including a 2-band EQ and iconic “Cut” control for taming your high end
- Footswitchable boost circuit supplies an extra helping of tonal authority, with pre/post and dedicated gain knob
- Dedicated DI and headphones outputs for easy recording, performance, and practice
- Built-in official Celestion Cab Sim IR to give your sound a true-to-life space and response
- Pedal Type: Preamp
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Channels: 2
- EQ: Bass, Treble, Normal, Brilliance, Level, Cut, Gain
- Amp Modeling: TC AMPWORX
- Impulse Response: Celestion 2 x 12 Alnico Blue cab sim IR
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (out), 1 x 1/4" (DI)
- USB: 1 x Mini-B USB
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8"
- Manufacturer Part Number: 0709-AJR86-001