From roaring black-panel overdrive to the most sought-after cleans in guitar history, TC Electronic’s Combo Deluxe ’65 is a pedal-sized successor to one of the most revered amplifiers ever built. This pedal’s 2-channel design independently functions off a simple set of controls that come straight from the original, upgraded with a Middle knob and a Gain control to set your grit at any volume. And while this pint-sized “combo” may lack a cab, the official Celestion Cab Sim built into the dedicated IR output imparts a lifelike depth and dynamic response to your every note. Finally, it simply wouldn’t be a black-panel emulation without a spring reverb — the Combo Deluxe ’
65 sports a dedicated reverb footswitch that grants you access to a 4-second convolution reverb algorithm, precisely designed to authentically capture every splish and splash found on a true spring reverb tank.
Expertly emulated for the utmost authenticity
Modeled after what’s perhaps the most recorded amplifier in guitar history, the Combo Deluxe ’65 provides a palette of countless classic tones. From pristine mid-scooped cleans to all-out tube overdrive and everything in between, Sweetwater guitarists find that the Combo Deluxe ’65 is an exceptionally versatile amplifier platform for guitarists of all stripes. Whether slamming it into the front end of your amp or recording shimmering 6-string tones with the cab-sim-enabled DI, TC Electronic’s Combo Deluxe ’65 gives you the power, prestige, and tonal flexibility of one of the most iconic amplifiers ever built.
A step above the original
While the original inspiration behind the Combo Deluxe ’65 is one of the most iconic combos in history, the control section might leave a little to be desired for the modern guitarist. TC Electronic upgraded this pedal with a few controls to compensate, arguably offering greater tonal versatility than the original! First, the Combo Deluxe ’65 sports a Middle control to give you greater control over the pedal’s inherently mid-scooped sparkle. In addition, while the original had the reverb’s entire response built into a single knob, the Combo Deluxe ’65’s back panel boasts a set-and-forget tone control to dial in a touch of extra warmth or articulation.
Onboard 4-second convolution spring reverb algorithm
The amplifier that inspired the Combo Deluxe ’65 is renowned for its glassy chime and creamy overdrive tone. However, there’s one quality where it arguably reigns supreme above all others: spring reverb. To capture the splashy sound of the ’60s, the Combo Deluxe ’65 comes equipped with a 4-second convolution spring reverb algorithm that exactly emulates the feel, response, and surfy drip of a true spring reverb tank. There’s even a dedicated on/off footswitch for the reverb, allowing you to utilize it on either of the Combo Deluxe’s two channels — a highly convenient luxury not found on the original!
TC Electronic Combo Deluxe ’65 Preamp Pedal Features:
- Replicates the dynamic tone and feel of an iconic ’60s black-panel 1 x 12-inch combo
- Comes equipped with 2 different channels with independent volume, EQ, gain, and reverb controls
- Perfectly captures the splashy sound of ’60s-style spring reverb with a 4-second convolution spring reverb algorithm
- Sports several upgrades not found on the original, including a reverb tone control and Mid control
- Bright switch greatly boosts the sparkle and chime of your signal
- Dedicated DI and headphones outputs for easy recording, performance, and practice
- Built-in official Celestion Cab Sim IR to give your sound a true-to-life space and response
- Pedal Type: Preamp
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Channels: 2
- EQ: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain, Level, Reverb
- Amp Modeling: TC AMPWORX - 1965 Blackface Reverb Deluxe
- Impulse Response: Celestion 1x12 G12M Creamback cab sim IR
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (out), 1 x 1/4" (DI)
- USB: 1 x Mini-B USB
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8"
- Manufacturer Part Number: 0709-AJQ86-001